Date of last amendment: December 1, 2020.
Article 1. Applicability
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing and transmission of Personal Data by Carbon+Alt+Delete BV, with registered office at Blindestraat 28, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises with enterprise number 0757.689.269 (“Carbon+Alt+Delete”). By using the Website or the Platform or by providing us with Personal Data, the Customer explicitly agrees with the manner of processing and collection by Carbon+Alt+Delete of his/her Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Article 2. Object
This Privacy Statement contains important information with respect to the following matters:
- Personal Data we collect from you and for which purpose; through our website carbonaltdelete.com, carbonaltdelete.eu and carbonaltdelete.be (the “Website”) and the Carbon+Alt+Delete platform (the “Platform”);
- the measures to safeguard the security of your Personal Data;
- and your rights with respect to your Personal Data.
Carbon+Alt+Delete explicitly confirms that all Personal Data are processed in accordance with the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“General Data Protection Regulation”’ or “GDPR”). All capitalized terms not defined in this Privacy Statement will have the meaning as set forth in the GDPR.
Article 3. Personal Data
By using the Website or the Platform, Carbon+Alt+Delete collects and processes your data. Some elements of such may qualify as Personal Data. Carbon+Alt+Delete collects Personal Data through the following channels:
- Personal Data provided by yourself through input on the Website or Platform: for example, contact details when subscribing to a newsletter, or account details for use on the Platform;
Carbon+Alt+Delete may process following Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement:
- contact information (such as address, email address and phone number);
- technical data (such as IP-address);
- commercial data (e.g. invoicing details, address, bank account number);
- accounting data and other related financial data.
Carbon+Alt+Delete will store and process your Personal Data on its servers located within the European Economic Area.
Article 4. Purpose of the processing
Carbon+Alt+Delete will process your Personal Data for following purposes as Controller of the processing:
- Administration concerning the Carbon+Alt+Delete events, the Platform and related services;
- Direct marketing via other channels: Carbon+Alt+Delete may process your Personal Data to keep you updated of its events and its services. You explicitly consent to this specific processing which you may withdraw at any given moment upon first request;
- Technical support and monitoring of your use of the Website and the Platform to ameliorate your user experience and to improve our Website and Platform.
Article 5. Security
Carbon+Alt+Delete shall take appropriate technical and organizational measures that are necessary for the protection of the Personal Data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, against accidental loss, as well as against the modification of or access to, and any other prohibited processing of the Personal Data. These measures will ensure an appropriate level of security.
Article 6. Rights of the concerned person
Right to access
If you would like to view your Personal Data that has been processed by Carbon+Alt+Delete or have any questions about the processing of your Personal Data, you are entitled to exercise your right to access. Carbon+Alt+Delete will then provide you with information about the Personal Data that is being processed and on the source of such Personal Data.
Right of rectification or deletion
You have the right to request us, free of charge, to correct any incorrect Personal Data if such Personal Data would be incomplete or inaccurate. You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data by Carbon+Alt+Delete.
Right to object free of charge
You are entitled to object at any time and without any motivation to the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You have the right to request all your Personal Data in a structured and generally accepted file format. You have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority should the processing of your Personal Data violate the applicable regulations.
Each request to exercise your above-mentioned rights or any other questions concerning this Privacy Statement shall be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 7. Disclosure of Personal Data
For certain purposes it may be required for Carbon+Alt+Delete to share your Personal Data with third parties. You, therefore, provide your express consent to share your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement. Carbon+Alt+Delete’s Processors and sub-processors always act under our responsibility and in accordance with a processor agreement entered into between Carbon+Alt+Delete and its (sub-)Processors.
Other than as set out in Article 4, Carbon+Alt+Delete will never share or sell your Personal Data with third parties for commercial purposes.
Article 8. Terms
Carbon+Alt+Delete will save and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement until you withdraw your consent to process Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Article 9. Updates of our changes to the Privacy Statement
Carbon+Alt+Delete is entitled to occasionally review and change this Privacy Statement in order to allow us to use your Personal Data for other purposes than those mentioned herein.
If Carbon+Alt+Delete would process your Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time of the collection of the Personal Data, we will provide you with a notice on our Website and on our Platform indicating that the Privacy Statement has been changed or updated and you shall have the possibility to object your consent in this respect.
In addition, Carbon+Alt+Delete uses the following cookies of third parties on the Website:
- Google Analytics: Carbon+Alt+Delete only tracks anonymized IP addresses in the context of Google Analytics. You can find out more about how Google uses your data in Google Privacy & Terms.
- LinkedIn (analytics): Carbon+Alt+Delete uses LinkedIn to communicate and to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. Please visit LinkedIn for more information.
- Facebook (analytics): Carbon+Alt+Delete uses Facebook to communicate and to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. Please visit Facebook for more information.
- HotJar (analytics): Carbon+Alt+Delete uses HotJar to measure and understand user experience. Please visit Hotjar for more information.
- Stripe (analytics): Carbon+Alt+Delete uses Stripe to process payments. Please visit Stripe for more information.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, you can contact us on email@example.com. For additional information regarding the protection of personal data, you can contact the Commission for the protection of privacy at Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels (telephone: 02 274 48 00, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.dataprotectionauthority.be).